Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weasels

Heard on the radio some of the testimony of some weasely army general who is also an attorney (what a combination!) avoiding answering questions about whether or not waterboarding is torture. What a crock. The fact that no one in the administration will come out and say definitively "No it's not" is an indication that in their hearts they know it is. We've prosecuted both our own soldiers and Japanese soldiers, after WWII,
for using these techniques in the past.
Now all of a sudden it's a grey area. (and yes i spell grey the British way—the result of immersing myself in "The Complete Sherlock Holmes" as a youth)
It's such a grey area that the CIA destroys tapes showing our soldiers using the practice on prisoners, to protect the "interrogators." It's not torture, we think, but just in case, we'll cover these guys asses. A corollary benefit is that those guys won't have to tell who gave them the orders.
I guess we could call Torquemada an "interrogator." And those Roman soldiers who questioned Christ.

Oh, I know, it must've been those Blackwater guys.
Remember when our diplomats were protected by Marines instead of mercenaries? (I'm showing my age.) Seemed to be a lot less mass shootings back then.

Things are really getting bad when I start feeling nostalgic about the Cold War. I miss Nikita Khrushchev.

Talk about getting off topic.

It's bedtime.

3 comments:

dogboy443 said...

So I see this blogging thing is working for you hunh? Great topics JM, keep it up.

Anonymous said...

"I miss Nikita Khrushchev."

I miss Vito Marcantonio, Mahatma Gandhi, Marlon Brando, Lotte Lenya, Jimmy Stewart, John Lennon, and Bix Beiderbecke.

Anonymous said...

p.s.

ditto to what dogboy said